- Purple Patch Arts are launching a new Lifelong Learning Programme in Leeds for anyone 18+ with a Learning Disability. Taking place at The Vinery Centre, Leeds Mencap, every Tuesday during term time starting in November 2016. Please get in contact with Programmes Manager Bronia at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information or to book a taster session.
- Voting has opened for Leeds Sports Awards 2017. A new voting system is in operation for senior achievers, with a standard nomination process for the other categories. Check out the website now for further information about this and how to purchase your tickets. Nominations close at midnight Wednesday 14th
- Para-Swimming Come and Try Session is taking place at Morley Leisure Centre on Saturday 17th December, 3.30pm to 5.30pm. If you fancy yourself as the next Paralympic swimmer then come along to the event- this is suitable for all ages and impairment groups, for swimmers who are comfortable completing 25m unaided. Please register in advance by completing the form via the link or by e-mailing by Friday 9th December: email@example.com
- Residentials for families of disabled children and young people are being delivered at Herd Farm Activity Centre, North Leeds in early 2017. These will happen in February half term and the Easter holiday, to register your interest contact Herd Farm directly.
- Leeds Inclusive Sports Hall Athletics event is taking place on 20th January at the John Charles Centre for Sport. Suitable for primary key stage 2 children in the morning and secondary key stage 3-4 in the afternoon. Leeds ‘Come & Try’ Inclusive Indoor Cricket competition is also taking place at the John Charles Centre on 31st January, suitable for key stage 3-4 from 10am to 2pm.
- England Rugby with IMAS have developed a simple promotional guide to help explain the concept of Mixed Ability Rugby to potential clubs and committees, players (support services and carers), coaches and ‘Champions’ who have the drive to instigate and develop Mixed Ability Rugby Teams.
- British Cycling National Paracycling Classification Assessment Day is taking place in Manchester on 26th January 2017, for bicycle, trike, and handcycle riders. All those planning to compete as a Paracyclist in 2017 who have not previously attended an assessment are required to take this opportunity in order to ease their passage to participate in next year’s domestic Paracycling competition programme. Contact Paul West for an appointment slot and more details before 10th January: firstname.lastname@example.org