Please see below for the latest disability sport news this month in Leeds and beyond:
- Leeds Sports Awards tickets are still available, with discounted Leeds Sports Club member tickets also for sale. The event is taking place at the First Direct Arena on Tuesday 7th March 2017.
- DSY Annual Awards Dinner will be held at The Centenary Pavilion, Elland Rd on Friday 24th March 2017. The price of the event- a celebration of disability sporting achievement, participation and volunteering- remains £30 per person, to include four course meal, speeches, entertainment and raffle. Nominations have now closed but tickets still available.
- FA Grow the Game Funding is available to apply for from now until Wednesday 29th March 2017. The following types of football teams are eligible for a grant: Male teams – Under-14s to adult, Female teams – Under-7s to adult and Disability teams.
- Wheelchair Tennis CPD is taking place in Leeds at the John Charles Centre for Sport (Tennis Centre) on the 24th April 2017. This is aimed at accredited level 2 and above coaches who would like to develop their skills to work more effectively with wheelchair tennis players.
- Yorkshire Visually Impaired Cricket Club – latest training sessions are available to view via their website.
- Tri4Tokyo- British Triathlon’s Paralympic Talent Identification Campaign has been launched, aimed at finding talented athletes in the next two years who have the potential to become medallists at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games and beyond.
- Visually Impaired and Blind football training sessions are being delivered at the John Charles Centre for Sport regularly in conjunction with the Leeds United Foundation. For details of the next sessions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org