Happy New Year! Read on for the latest disability sport news in Leeds:
- Leeds Lets Get Active leisure centre timetables for Jan to March 2017 are now available. There will also be LLGA community sessions within the South and East CCG area and more information will be available shortly about specific activities.
- Leeds Sports Awards tickets are now available, with discounted Leeds Sports Club member tickets available from Monday 9th January. The awards are taking place at the First Direct Arena on Tuesday 7th March 2017.
- FA Coaching Deaf Footballers workshop is taking place on Sunday 22nd January at Middleton Leisure Centre. If you are interested please follow the link above where you can see further details and enrol on the workshop.
- Leeds Disability Sport Forum is taking place on Monday 23rd January at the John Charles Centre for Sport. This is suitable for practitioners, clubs, parents, participants and anyone else with an interest in disability sport. If you would like further details or to attend please contact: email@example.com
- DSY Annual Awards Dinner will be held at The Centenary Pavilion, Elland Rd on Friday 24th March 2017. The price of the event – a celebration of sporting achievement, participation and volunteering – remains £30 per person, to include a four course meal, speeches, entertainment and a raffle. Nomination forms are also available to recognise disability sport achievements in the county. There is a separate category for Paralympic level athletes, where you can nominate Yorkshire’s Paralympians in Rio.
- Wheelchair Tennis CPD is taking place in Leeds at the John Charles Centre for Sport (Tennis Centre) on the 24th April 2017. This is aimed at accredited level 2 and above coaches who would like to develop their skills to work more effectively with wheelchair tennis players.
- Safer Communities Fund (SCF) is a grant-giving scheme designed to make funding easily accessible for projects which aim to make West Yorkshire safer and feel safer. Round 10 of grants are available to apply for up to the 20th January 2017 and groups can apply for funding up to £5,000.
- Cerebral Palsy and Sport Awareness Workshop is taking place in Nottingham on 22nd February, 17th May and 27th September 2017. This is ideal for teachers, coaches, physios, parents or those who lead sport and physical activity. The cost is £30 per person and for full information on Cerebral Palsy Sport CPD opportunities or to book your place now please contact CP Sport on 0115 925 7027 or email Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Education Courses held in West Yorkshire in 2017 are now available to view via the Yorkshire Sport Foundation website.