Please see below for the latest disability sport news in and around Leeds this month:
- EPIC Leeds Trampolining/Jump sessions have begun in partnership with Jump Inc. These inclusive sessions run the second Wednesday of every month.
- Inclusive Golf Sessions at Howley Hall GC are taking place every Saturday from 2pm to 3pm. These new sessions in Morley are suitable for ages 5+, all ability levels and cost just £3 each.
- Active Schools ‘Come & Try’ KS2/3 Inclusive Tennis Event is taking place on the 7th November 2016 at the John Charles Centre for Sport indoor tennis centre.
- Learning Disability Tennis Camp is running at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Saturday 12th November 2016. Run by the Tennis Foundation in partnership with the Sport & Active Lifestyles service this is suitable for all ages and ability levels.
- Sportivate “Mop Up” round of funding is now available. For any groups or organisations interested please complete a project proposal by Friday 25th November, you will hear back by Wed 7th December if successful. Projects must be delivered 31st March 2017.
- Herd Farm Activity Residential has been announced for families of children with a disability. This is taking place on the 10th and 11th December 2016 in North Leeds. Contact Herd Farm directly for further information.
- Para-Swimming Come and Try Session is taking place at Morley Leisure Centre on Saturday 17th December 2016. If you are disabled and have been inspired by the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games this is an opportunity to find out more about Para-swimming. Swimmers will take part in a range of adapted activities designed to showcase individual ability and will receive personalised advice on other opportunities available to them following the session. Swimmers must be able to swim out of their depth to a minimum distance of 25m.
- Leeds Sports Awards will be taking place on Tuesday 7th March 2017 at the First Direct Arena. Tickets are now available and nominations for awards will open shortly.
- On Track Disability Sport Magazine is a free National publication available bi-monthly. This is available on a subscription basis, free of charge and delivered straight to your door to all people with a disability.
- Indoor Rowing Competition in Bradford is taking place on the 19th November and has several disabilities categories which all are open to the general public.
- Para-Athletics Introduction day is taking place on Saturday 26th November in Manchester. This is a free event for ages 11+ through to adults interested in getting involved in athletics.
Special Olympics National Games in 2017 are looking to recruit more officials. The Games will be taking place in August in Sheffield.