Please see below for a round-up of the latest disability sport news in and around Leeds this month:
- Leeds Let’s Get Active in the Park launches on Saturday 28th May, with a programme of free activities in Middleton, East End and Armley parks running until October. Middleton Park will be hosting a launch event on Saturday 28th May with lots of activities from 1pm to 4pm. Mountain trike sessions through Experience Community will be held in the park on the second Thursday of every month from 11am to 3pm.
- Leeds Disability Sports Camp will next be taking place between 31st May and 3rd June across four venues in the city. We will also be running camps in the Summer holiday in the weeks beginning Monday 1st and 22nd Further details can be found on our website via the link, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go TRI comes to the Columbia Threadneedle World Triathlon Leeds on 11 June. Swim, cycle and run yourself proud with this fun and friendly event at Roundhay Park, the perfect way for beginners to give triathlon a go for just £10.
- Disability Outdoor Clubs at Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre have re-started, with the juniors club on Tuesdays from 4pm to 5pm and the adults club on Fridays from 1pm to 2pm. The centre also have Sportivate funded outdoor activity sessions available to SILC’s and other schools, contact 0113 378 1271 for further information.
- Inclusive Golf Sessions have re-started at Cookridge Hall Golf Club. These take place on Monday evenings from 6pm to 7pm and are suitable for all ages. Follow the link or contact Paul O’Donnell on email@example.com for further information.
- Disability Sports sessions at the Works Skatepark are running twice weekly now. Sessions cost £3, are suitable for ages 3 to 18 years old and are held every Saturday and Sunday morning from 9am to 10am. To book a place contact the Works on tel: 0113 244 6015 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Ballet dance workshops for adults with learning disabilities are taking place during the summer, alongside their In Motion programme for self-propelling wheelchair users and people with mobility issues aged 8 to 19 years old.
- Leeds Learning Disability week will have a wide range of sports and other activities taking place across the city from the 20th to 26th June 2016.
- Herd Farm Activity Centre Residentials are taking place in September and October. These incredibly popular activity residentials are suitable for disabled young people aged 11 to 17 years old and run from Friday 4pm to Sunday 2pm. A charge of £75 per person applies and the dates are 16 to 18 September, 30 September to 2 October and 28 to 30 October 2016.
- Disability Sport Yorkshire have a vacancy for a sports leader to co-ordinate and deliver a programme of activities for adults with a learning disability. Sessions will be run on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10am to 3pm, plus occasional other hours, in Central Bradford, starting in September 2016. For further information please contact Kevan Halliday Brown on email@example.com or Fiona Hall on 01924 372382. Closing Date: Friday 10th June 5pm.
- CP Sport Swimming Development Gala is taking place in Sheffield on the 26th June 2016. Follow the link or contact Sarah Livesey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 925 7027 for further information.