Please see below for the latest Leeds Disability Sport news this month from across the city and beyond:
- Herd Farm Adapted Cycling sessions have restarted. Held on Saturdays from 12.30pm to 2pm until October these are suitable for disabled children, young people and adults of all ages. For further information follow the link or contact Herd Farm on tel: 0113 3783088 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Outdoor Clubs at Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre will re-start week beginning 2nd May with the juniors club on Tuesdays from 4pm to 5pm and the adults club on Fridays from 1pm to 2pm. The centre also have Sportivate funded outdoor activity sessions available to SILC’s and other schools, contact 0113 378 1271 for further information.
- Active Kids for All Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community training course is taking place at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Wednesday 11th May, 9am to 12noon. This course costs just £10 to attend and aims to enable participants to develop an increased understanding of inclusion in physical activity and sport. Please book on by 28th April to guarantee your place.
- Leeds Disability Sports Camp will next be taking place between 31st May and 3rd June across four venues in the city. We will also be running camps in the Summer holiday in the weeks beginning Monday 1st and 22nd Further details can be found on our website via the link, or contact email@example.com
- Disability Sports sessions at the Works Skatepark have just launched. Sessions cost £3, are suitable for ages 3 to 18 years old and are held every Saturday and Sunday morning from 9am to 10am. To book a place contact the Works on tel: 0113 244 6015 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football opportunities for people with a disability in Leeds and West Yorkshire are showcased in a recent video produced by the West Riding County FA, to highlight the great work currently being done by clubs across the region.
- FA Coaching Blind Footballers course is taking place at St Georges Park in Staffordshire on the 12th This will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and appropriate coaching sessions for blind players.
- CP Sport Swimming Development Gala is taking place in Sheffield on the 26th June 2016. For booking and further information contact Sarah Livesey on tel: 0115 925 6442 or e-mail: email@example.com
- England Athletics “Find a Guide” database has been launched in partnership with British Blind Sport. The database will enable visually impaired people to search for guide runners to support them to run. Currently there are 112 guides on the database and a further 250+ will be trained by March 2017. If you are visually impaired and want to give it a go and you need someone to support then search for a guide runner via the link.
- Special Olympics GB have launched the search for over 150 officials for the next National Summer Games which are to be held in Sheffield from 7-12 August 2017.