- Leeds Disability Sports Camp is next taking place between Monday 15th and Friday 19th Taking place from 10am to 3pm, the camp will visit John Charles, Holt Park, Pudsey, Scott Hall and Fearnville leisure centres during the week. Suitable for ages 8-18 years old with any disability, plus non-disabled siblings and friends are very welcome. Places are available on individual days or for the whole week.
- PHAB Leeds have a sports coach vacancy on their Friday night sessions. PHAB Leeds is a social club for disabled people and their non-disabled friends based at the Prince Philip Centre on Scott Hall Avenue in Leeds. It is an all ages club held on Friday evening from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail an informal letter of interest with your basic CV directly to Ann Hart: email@example.com . You can view further information about the PHAB club by visiting their website .
- Creating Connections Recruit into Coaching programme will support the recruitment and development of volunteer coaches with a disability who will play an active role within their club or organisation in West Yorkshire. Successful applicants will receive funding of up to £200 to gain a coaching qualification in a sport of their choice before completing 15 voluntary hours of coaching. Please complete the online application form , closing date is 5pm, 31st January 2016.
- Northern Ballet are running dance workshops for adults with learning disabilities. The Ability dance course is specifically designed for adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities and runs on a weekly basis during term time. If you are passionate about dance, this course will enable you to improve your dance skills, and create and perform new work while meeting and making new friends. Free taster sessions are taking place on Friday 5 February & Friday 11 March. Call Northern Ballet on 0113 220 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Disability Sport Yorkshire Awards Dinner is taking place on Friday 11th March 2016 at the Centenary Banqueting Suite at Elland Road, Leeds. Tickets are now available and nominations for all categories can be made until Friday 5th February 2016.
- Mountain Trike sessions are taking place in two parks in Leeds in February. Mountain trikes are all terrain wheelchairs that get you off the beaten track and will be available to try on Saturday 13th February at Roundhay Park and Saturday 20th February at Middleton Park (11am to 3pm). To book a slot contact: email@example.com
- Leeds Sports Awards 2016 are taking place on Thursday 3rd March 2016 at the New Dock Hall. The finalists have now been announced and tickets are available to purchase via the website.
- Herd Farm Activity Centre are running a short breaks residential weekend in March 2016. Aimed at disabled young people aged 10 to 17 years old, this is taking place from the 18th to 20th Please call the centre on 0113 378 3088 to register your interest.
- LimbPower has launched a new sport and physical activity survey. Limbpower are the national charity for amputees and people with limb impairments, and results will be used to help encourage more people with limb impairments to take part in sport and physical activity at all levels.
- WheelPower have launched the new ‘Feel Inspired’ programme. Throughout 2016/17 a series of seven major sports events in cities across the nation will enable over 300 children to discover a range of sports and accessible physical activities. As part of the programme they are now recruiting for a ‘Feel Inspired’ Event Officer. This new post holder will lead the programme of ‘Feel Inspired’ Sports Camps and will be responsible for the organisation, delivery and development of 7 sports camps throughout the UK.
- WheelPower’s Junior Sports Camp is taking place on Saturday 27th February 2016 at Stoke Mandeville. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a go at a variety of sports including Archery, Basketball and Shooting. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for entry forms.
- Sitting volleyball workshop for leaders & coaches is taking place on Friday 5th February 2016 at Newsome College Sports Hall, Huddersfield.
- British Paralympic Association is urging the British public to help ‘Supercharge ParalympicsGB’ and show their support for athletes over the course of 2016 and beyond. Supercharge ParalympicsGB is the first time that the British Paralympic Association (BPA) has launched such a major public facing campaign to generate support and raise funds for ParalympicsGB.