- PHAB Leeds have a sports coach vacancy on their Friday night sessions. PHAB Leeds is a social club for disabled people and their non-disabled friends based at the Prince Philip Centre on Scott Hall Avenue in Leeds. It is an all ages club held on Friday evening from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail an informal letter of interest with your basic CV directly to Ann Hart: email@example.com . You can view further information about the PHAB club by visiting their website .
- Creating Connections Recruit into Coaching programme will support the recruitment and development of volunteer coaches with a disability who will play an active role within their club or organisation in West Yorkshire. Successful applicants will receive funding of up to £200 to gain a coaching qualification in a sport of their choice before completing 15 voluntary hours of coaching. Please complete the online application form , closing date is 5pm, 31st January 2016.
- Time for Carers grant scheme provides grants to carers to help enable them to have a break from caring. Carers can apply for up to £250 to be able to have a break, this might be a holiday day trip, a college course or gym membership for example. The scheme is for unpaid carers who provide regular care and support to a family member, close friend or neighbour who could not manage without this help. Application forms are available from Carers Leeds, tel: 0113 380 4300 or can be downloaded from the website.
- Leeds Sports Awards 2016 are taking place on Thursday 3rd March 2016 at the New Dock Hall. Amongst a number of awards there will be categories such as young disability sportsperson, sportswoman- disability and sportsman- disability. Tickets are now available to purchase via the website.
- FA England Talent Day is taking place on Sunday 6th March 2016 at Middleton Leisure Centre from 11am to 1pm. Aimed at young disabled footballers aged between 11 and 16, to register your interest contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Sport Yorkshire Awards Dinner is taking place on Friday 11th March 2016 at the Centenary Banqueting Suite at Elland Road, Leeds. Tickets are now available and nominations for all categories can be made until Friday 5th February 2016.
- Disability Sport Yorkshire Events Calendar is available to view now. For details of individual events call the office on 01924 372382 or email email@example.com
- Mountain Trike sessions take place weekly at Oakwell Hall Country Park in Birstall. Mountain trikes are all terrain wheelchairs that get you off the beaten track. To book a slot on a Tuesday from 11am contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sitting volleyball workshop for leaders/coaches is taking place on Friday 5th February 2016 at Newsome College Sports Hall, Huddersfield.
- National Junior Disability Snooker Championship has been announced to be taking place on the 23rd April 2016 in Sheffield.
On behalf of the Sport & Active Lifestyles service may I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.