- Leeds Disability Tag Rugby Festival took place at Headingley Carnegie Stadium last month, with 21 teams and over 200 disabled children, young people and adults attending the annual event from SILC’s and adult social care bases across Leeds and Yorkshire. Video footage is available via Made in Leeds TV and Leeds Rhinos Foundation. Rugby fever continued with the Leeds Rugby World Cup Fanzone on Millennium Square, with specific days allocated to disabled groups and over 100 disabled individuals taking part in fun RWC related activities.
- A new Boccia Club has started in Leeds. Run by Irwin Mitchell Solicitors in association with Boccia England, this club takes place every Wednesday from 5.00pm to 6.00pm, is open to all ages and ability levels and is held at Armley Leisure Centre. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parahey Magazine latest edition features an article on the highly successful Leeds wheelchair racing programme based at the John Charles Centre for Sport, with interviews with athletes and coaches.
- Visually Impaired Tennis CPD is being held in Leeds at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Wednesday 4th November. Suitable for existing tennis coaches, this new course will develop your skills when working with B1 players.
- Spider-Y annual awards evening is taking place on Friday 13th November at East Leeds Cricket Club. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Leadership in Running Fitness, Deaf Friendly Course is taking place at Cockburn High School on Saturday 14th November. Run Leeds are looking to expand the provision of beginner’s running groups across the city and will pay for 50% of the cost of the course, in return running group leaders will be expected to set up and lead a new running group. The course is deaf friendly, and leaders will be trained by a tutor and supported by two interpreters on the day.
- Two Leeds Disability Aqua Festival’s will be taking place this school year, with a new primary aged event on Tuesday 15th December at the aquatics centre at John Charles Centre for Sport.
- And finally……. many congratulations to Leeds City AC wheelchair racer Hannah Cockroft on her two gold medals (so far!) at the IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha. Also a fantastic result for Kadeena Cox from Leeds, who won gold in the T37 100m, and earlier broke the world record in her major championships debut.
- World Disability Billiards and Snooker competition will take place in Gloucester in November, with a taster event and tournament for five different disability classification groups.
- Table Tennis England has launched a disability table grant scheme to help more disabled people get into table tennis.
- NDCS Coach Bursary Scheme gives deaf young people financial support with their sports qualifications. The bursary supports Level 1 or 2 sports coaching qualifications from recognised National Governing Body’s (NGB’s). The closing date for applications is Wednesday 2nd December 2015.
National Para-Swimming Championships are taking place on the 12th and 13th December at Manchester Aquatics Centre. This is the only pan disability exclusive national championships now being held as it is now designed to include the Junior National Championships that were previously held in March.