- Let’s Play is an exciting new programme funded by Sport England. It sees Boccia England, British Wheelchair Basketball, GB Wheelchair Rugby, Goalball UK, Wheelchair Football Association and the Tennis Foundation working in partnership, offering you the chance to learn the basics of their activities. The next event will take place at Leeds Beckett University on Monday 30 March, 11am to 2.30pm , it is free to attend and suitable for all ages and abilities.
- FA Coaching Disabled Footballers Course is suitable for clubs and coaches who are looking to get involved in leading football activity for players with a disability. The next course will take place on Saturday 25 April 2015 at Middleton Leisure Centre, Leeds between 9.00am and 4.30pm.
- Leeds Sailing & Activity Centre are running weekly junior and senior disability outdoor clubs, starting the week beginning 4 May 2015. On Tuesday 28 April the centre are also running a disability open day, you can book sessions between 1pm and 5pm.
- Leeds United Foundation have announced details of their summer Ability Counts football These are pan-disability junior , senior level 1 and senior level 3/4 sessions taking place weekly across the city.
- Dance Studio Leeds are programming a series of pilot dance classes for those living with dementia. The sessions will be taking place over a series of ten weeks on Tuesday mornings. For further info click here or e-mail Katie@thedancestudioleeds.com
- Leeds Deaf Juniors FC are seeking new players to join their football programmes. Sessions generally take place on Sundays and further information can be found here.
- Chair based yoga and mindfulness classes for people with MS are being run in Otley on Monday mornings starting this month. Further details are here.
- Sport England Community Activation Fund is available for clubs and organisations to apply for. This latest round of funding closes on 20 April 2015, all the documents relating to this can be found here.
- UK Deaf Sport are looking for deaf and hard of hearing participants to complete their National Sport and Physical Activity Survey. This survey is the first national sport and physical activity survey of its kind and you can complete this here.
- British Gymnastics are running a series of disability gymnastics events across the country. Entitled the “I’m In” programme, details of all of these events nationally are available on the British Gymnastics website
- The English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) have launched their “Charter for Change”. The launch marks a starting block for change, which EFDS hopes will lead to many more disabled people being active for life. EFDS is calling upon those involved in providing opportunities and supporting disabled people to live active lives to commit their support to the Charter. The charity and partners have listened to disabled people and sets out what disabled people say they need to make this possible. For details of the Charter go to the EFDS website.