- Leeds Disability Sports Camp is running during February half term at five sites across the city, and has a couple of last minute places still available. Taking place from 10.00am to 3.00pm each day, this camp is suitable for children and young people aged 8 to 19 years old, with any disability, plus their non-disabled siblings and friends. Further information is available here.
- Leeds Disability Golf sessions re-start on Monday 23 February 2015. Taking place at Cookridge Hall Golf Club, these are suitable for all ages, abilities and disabilities and are run from 6.00pm to 7.00pm every week during term time. Further information is available to view here.
- Disability Boxfit sessions will be taking place at Fearnville leisure centre from Wednesday 25 February, every week for an initial period of 10 weeks. These free sessions are taking place from 1.00pm to 2.00pm, are suitable for ambulant adults with a learning disability and are delivered by a Leeds Rhinos community coach. Please contact Lucy Wall for further information: email@example.com
- Yorkshire Visually Impaired Cricket Club have regular sessions taking place in Leeds suitable for children and adults of all abilities. For further information and details of the next session, please contact the club’s development officer John Garbett on 07972360928 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Nose Day Community Cash grant scheme is now available. This funding specifically targets those who are excluded or disadvantaged through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disabilities, race, sexuality or gender. Priority is to be given to small, locally based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage in Leeds that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community. The closing date for applications is Friday 6 March.
- Leeds Disability Aqua Festival and talent day is taking place at the John Charles Centre for Sport aquatics centre on Tuesday 31 March. This event is suitable for disabled school children and young people aged 11 to 19 years old. For further information and how to attend contact Natalie Mallinson: email@example.com
- Monthly disability sport news is also available from some other local authorities. Click for the latest information from York
- Visual Awareness and Sport course is being held on the 18 March at Lightwaves Leisure Centre in Wakefield, from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. The cost to attend is £30 and further details are available here.
- The North East’s first VI Tennis Camp will be held at The Northumberland Tennis Club, Newcastle on Saturday 25th April 2015. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack along with booking form which must be returned by 3pm on Friday 27th February 2015.
- The Extra Costs Commission is a year-long independent inquiry that is looking at the extra costs faced by disabled people and their families, and ways for driving these extra costs down. They are asking people to complete the survey here (people who complete the survey will have the chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher).
- Nominations are now open for the National Diversity Awards, further information is available here.