- Sportivate round 9 funding is available to apply for. This is funding that aims to provide opportunities for teenagers and young adults (aged 11 to 25), who are not currently, or are doing a limited amount of sport, to receive 6 to 8 weeks of coaching in sport or physical activity. Round 9 projects are to be delivered between April 2015 & September 2015. The deadline for bid submission is Tuesday 6 January 2015.
- NIA Dance sessions for adults with a learning disability begin from Thursday 8 January at Armley Leisure Centre. For details go here.
- Learning disability tennis tournament is taking place at Leeds Beckett University on the 24 and 25 January 2015. The event forms part of the Tennis Foundation series of regional LD tennis tournaments.
- Leeds Disability Sports Camp will be taking place across five venues during the next half term (between 16 to 20 February 2015). Details about how to book on will be released shortly.
- Leeds Sports Awards 2015 are taking place on Thursday 5 Tickets are now available to purchase for the event at the New Dock Hall.
- Creating Connections is a project to help you to get active. If you want to take part in something new, whatever your age, size, physical condition or disability but not sure what’s out there, contact Lucy Wall who will be able to give you all the information and support you need and find the right activity for you: email@example.com or register your details online at https://wysportcc.co.uk/register
- Lord Taverners U19 West Yorkshire Boccia competition will be held at New College, Pontefract on Wednesday 14 January 2015. For further details click here.
- Active for Autism training is a project supporting people with autism to participate in sport and physical activity. The National Autistic Society will offer training for coaches, PE teachers and volunteers, for further details click here. Roll out is due in January 2015.
- Disability Sport Yorkshire events calendar is now available to view for 2015, click here to access this.
- Inclusive Zone Basketball Yorkshire regional finals will be taking place in Sheffield on Saturday 14 March 2015. Open for teams from any secondary school or college in the county, for additional details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please see:
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year!