WYSport has launched its first conference for coaches from across all sport to come together, learn, and exchange ideas with fellow coaches. The event will be held Sunday 16 November, John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds.
The day will get underway with an entertaining and inspirational keynote speech from Team GB and Team England Diving Coach Ady Hinchliffe, who coached athletes to success at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
The conference also offers coaches a choice of interesting workshops where they can learn new skills and ideas to develop your coaching, and exchange ideas with fellow coaches and experienced and knowledgeable tutors.
Les Ford, Coaching Development Manager at WYSport explained “This is a great opportunity for coaches to come together for the day, develop their knowledge and some skills to their coaching ‘toolkit’
The full day conference with lunch and free parking is available for only £40. Full details of the conference programme and how to book can be found by downloading the poster or below.
9:30am Registration and Refreshments
10am Welcome and Keynote Speech: Ady Hinchliffe
10:45am – 12:30pm Morning Workshop Choices
- Warm Up ideas – new practical ideas to spice up your warm ups
- Supporting Coaches – how can you and your club better support the recruitment, development and retention of your coaches?
- Developing Recreational Participation – how developing recreation sessions can grow your club and get more people active
- Making Your Sessions More Inclusive – practically based session to help you make your coaching sessions more inclusive.
12:30pm Lunch and Networking
1:15 – 4:15pm Afternoon Workshop Choices
- scuk Analysing your Coaching – let us help you to develop your reflective practice, observation and feedback skills
- Marketing for Coaches – how can you attract more people to your session, how can you retain them, how do you know what people want from your sessions. Explore how you can promote activities and communicate with participants for no or very little cost.
- An Introduction to Sport Psychology – an introduction to how sports psychology can support performers in areas such as motivation, handling the pressure, and preparing to perform. With practical ideas to take away and pointer to where to get more information
- scuk Introduction to the Fundamentals of Movement – A practically based session to for coaches working with young children to help develop agility, balance and co-ordination through your coaching sessions
Excellent value at only £40 per person for the whole day including lunch and your choice of two workshops.
To book simply go to the courses section of www.coachingwy.co.uk where you will find a detailed description of each workshop.
Workshop places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and your place on the conference will be confirmed when payment is received.
Don’t delay – book your place today!
Visit www.coachingwy.co.uk full details and to book your place