– Visually impaired tennis event is taking place as part of the City of Leeds Tennis Tournament on Tuesday 22nd July at the John Charles Centre for Sport. For further details click on the documents section of our website: www.leeds.gov.uk/disabilitysport
– Leeds Disability Sports Camps are taking place over two weeks across a variety of venues this summer holiday. Some of the days have been incredibly popular and are fully booked however there is still space left on the days at Morley LC, Holt Park Active and the John Charles Centre for Sport.
– Breeze on Tour this summer begins on Wednesday 30th July at Temple Newsam Park. Relaxed early openings will also take place on the Thursday morning of each event.
– Sportivate round 8 funding is available to apply for. This aims to provide opportunities for young people aged 11 to 25, who are not currently, or are doing a limited amount of sport, to receive 6 to 8 weeks of coaching in sport or physical activity, and guide them into regular participation within their community. Closing date is 1st August 2014 for projects to be delivered between October 2014 to March 2015.
– Disability Sport Yorkshire (formerly FDSO) are holding their annual disability sport awards dinner on Friday 12th September at Elland Road, Leeds. Nominations are invited in all the awards categories, ahead of the closing date of 15th August.
– Leeds Disability Tag Rugby festival is taking place on Tuesday 23rd September at Headingley Carnegie Stadium. This event is suitable for junior and senior teams, for ambulant players with a learning, sensory or moderate physical disability. Closing date for entries is 18th September.
– Inclusive walks for disabled people are being delivered by “Experience Community” across Dewsbury and Huddersfield this July. For further details contact 01484 437 435 or email: email@example.com
– Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games begin on Wednesday 23rd July. There will be 22 Para-Sport medal events taking place compared to a previous high of 15, across five Para-Sports including cycling, athletics, powerlifting, swimming and lawn bowls. All medals gained are incorporated into the full medals table for the games.
– City of York Council are running a comprehensive range of activities and events entitled “Celebrating Ability Week” from the 4th to the 10th August. This will include disability multi-sports, sport specific and disability awareness training.
– National Paralympic Day returns on Saturday 30th August with events taking place across the country including at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Visit the British Paralympic Association website for details.
– ASA North East Regional Disability Swimming Championships are taking place at the Hydro in Harrogate on 21st September. Swimmers who require classification must enter before the 7th August.