– Tour de France– Saturday 5th July sees the world’s greatest cycling race set off from Leeds and there will be accessible viewing areas and inclusive sport activities to try at the Scott Hall playing fields spectator hub. CTC and Cycling Projects will also be at the spectator hub in Otley with a fleet of adapted bikes available to try out free of charge. Further details are available here.
– West Yorkshire School Games summer festival is taking place on Tuesday 8th July at Leeds Metropolitan University. Featuring a range of sports competitions including many accessible and disability specific sports, for further details visit the West Yorkshire Sport website.
– Leeds Disability Sports Camps will be taking place over two weeks across a variety of venues this summer holiday. Suitable for ages 8 to 19 years old with any disability, plus non-disabled siblings and friends, prices to attend are just £5 per day or £20 for a week. The camps will be running week beginning 4th August and 18th August. For further details and to apply see the application form.
– Disability Sport Yorkshire (formerly FDSO) are holding their annual disability sport awards dinner on Friday 12th September at Elland Road, Leeds. Nominations are invited in all the awards categories, ahead of the closing date of 15th August. For further details about the awards and to make nominations click here.
– Leeds Mencap are looking for volunteers to take part in a number of sporting challenges over the next year to raise money for charity. For further details visit their website.
– Learning disability regional tennis tournament is taking place in Wrexham on the 19th and 20th July. Visit the Tennis Foundation website for details.
– York RI sailing club are offering an opportunity for people with an ambulant disability to come and try out sailing. This will be taking place on Monday 21st July 10:30am – 1:00pm. For more information contact Steve Hogg on 01904 421258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Disability tennis sessions are launching at Hallamshire Tennis Club in Sheffield. Sessions are running term time suitable for ages 8 plus, for details click here.
– Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive Community Training course is being held on Monday 6th October in Keithley. To view details and book onto the course click here.
For more information, please contact Ross Bibby Disability Sports Officer
Tel: 0113 395 0159
Mobile/text: 07891 270 930