– Leeds Disability Sport Forum will next take place on Monday 9th June at the John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds. Suitable for anyone interested in disability sport in the city, for further details or to attend please e-mail: email@example.com
– Sky Ride Leeds will be taking place again this year, on Sunday 15th June. This is a family friendly event encouraging people of all ages and abilities to discover the fun and freedom of going out on a bike ride. Leeds city centre will become traffic free for the day to allow everyone to get out on their bikes and ride at their own pace, with a range of specially adapted disability bicycles available to cycle around a short flat course, or the main Sky Ride route. For further details click here.
– Leeds Deaf Juniors FC have released their first newsletter, detailing coaching sessions, tournaments and further information.
– Leeds Disability Sport Youth Panel are currently seeking new members to join. If you are aged between 16 and 25 and interested in disability sport and would like to get involved in organising and delivering major events like the Leeds 2 Rio- Disability Sport Days, then fill in the application form on our website. Go to www.leeds.gov.uk/disabilitysport and click on the documents section.
– FDSO (Disability Sport Yorkshire) are currently recruiting for a Training Development Officer in West Yorkshire. Closing date for applications is Friday 6th June, for further details click here.
– English Federation of Disability Sport have released their Motivate Me Report . This provides insight into how to amend and adapt sport and physical activity opportunities to make them more appealing to disabled people.
– Goalball leaders course is taking place at Moorend Academy in Kirklees on Thursday 3rd July, 12-4.30pm. If any pupils are interested in this please let Linda Stacey know- firstname.lastname@example.org
– WheelPower, British Wheelchair Sport, will be hosting a primary sports camp at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Aylesbury on Saturday 5th July 2014. Open to children with physical or mild sensory impairments between the ages of six and eleven years old, for further details click here.
– Castleford Rugby Union Football Club are holding a disability sports day on Sunday 6th July, 11am to 4pm. Adults and children of all abilities are encouraged to attend irrespective of disability, to take part in taster rugby sessions.
For more information, please contact Ross Bibby Disability Sports Officer
Tel: 0113 395 0159
Mobile/text: 07891 270 930