Please see below for the latest disability sport news in and around Leeds this month:
– A Deaf Squash Roadshow is taking place in Collingham, Leeds on the 6th April. Organised by England Squash and Racketball and the English Deaf Squash Association, this day is suitable for all ages and abilities. For further details click here.
– Leeds Disability Sports Camp will be taking place on the week beginning 7th April. Suitable for disabled children and young people aged 8 to 19, and their non-disabled siblings and friends, this camp takes place across five venues in the city and is only £5 per day to attend (or £20 for the week). For an application form click here.
– Visually Impaired Tennis coaching CPD is taking place at Leeds Metropolitan University on Friday 11th April. This is suitable for level 1 or above tennis coaches, for details click here. The following day a Visually Impaired tennis camp is taking place at the John Charles Centre for Sport in Leeds. Aimed at B1 players from 10am to 12.30pm and B2, 3 and 4 players 1.30pm to 4pm.
– Disability Outdoor Activities Open day is taking place on Tuesday 29th April at the Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre. Sailing, canoeing and indoor caving sessions are available to book on in advance between 1pm to 5pm, suitable for all ages, abilities and disabilities and is free to attend. Further details are here. From the 6th May the weekly Disability Outdoor Activities Club will re-start on a Tuesday evening.
– Leeds Boccia and New Age Kurling competition will be taking place on the week beginning 5th May. Aimed at disabled children and young people aged 11 to 16, all appropriate Leeds schools will be sent further details very shortly.
– JCCS Wheelchair tennis tournament will be taking place in Leeds on the 10th and 11th May. Part of the national Tennis Foundation wheelchair tennis development series, this tournament is aimed at beginners new to competing. For further details and to enter click here.
– Leeds Deaf Football Club have released their new junior training dates for this spring and summer.
– Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees at the recent Leeds Sports Awards 2014. A full list of these can be found here.
– North East Visually Impaired tennis tournament is taking place on 10th and 11th May, click for details.
– Metro Sports Club are running their annual visually impaired athletics championships in June in London. Further details can be found on the Metro website.
– Mencap Athletics Championships will take place on Saturday 28th Junein Manchester.
– Learning Disability tennis competitions are taking place nationally throughout the year. The latest Tennis Foundation calendar is available here.
– CP Sport are looking for leagues to join the CP Sport National table cricket community league. If you are interested click here for more details.
For more information, please contact Ross Bibby, Disability Sports Officer
Tel: 0113 395 0159
Mobile/text: 07891 270 930