Please see below for the latest disability sport news in and around Leeds this February:
– The Leeds United Foundation Ability Counts Programme make its FA Disability Cup debut against Boro Rangers at Garforth Town AFC this Sunday. Currently in its second season as an FA Pilot Competition, the 2013-14 FA Disability Cup is seen as the pinnacle of disability football in this country and will see eight clubs from the North and eight clubs from the South play off in regional competition with the two winners meeting in the Final at St. George’s Park on Saturday 7th June 2014.
– A new exercise class for children with mild disabilities will begin at Armley Leisure Centre from Tuesday 25th February. Suitable for children aged 7 to 10 this session is delivered by qualified physiotherapists, for further information click here.
– The Leeds Sports Awards 2014 have announced their finalists. The event will be taking place on Thursday 27th February at the New Dock in Leeds. To view the list of finalists click here.
– A Powerchair football weekend will be taking place in Leeds on the 8th and 9th March, including training for coaches and activity for players. For further details click here. Current training dates for Leeds Powerchair football club and the Yorkshire Powerchair football league are also available to view here.
– Leeds Disability Aqua festival & talent day is taking place at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Monday 31st March. Suitable for disabled children and young people aged 11 to 19 years old, for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– Northern Ballet have dance workshops for adults with a learning disability over the next few months in Leeds, with free taster sessions also taking place.
– The Rugby World Cup 2015 volunteer programme has been launched, with applicants invited to register their interest in volunteering. Leeds has been selected as a host city for the event, with two of the pool games held at Elland Road in September 2015.
– A Visual Awareness and Sport workshop is taking place in Bradford on Thursday 27th February, 6-9pm. The cost is only £20 to attend, for details and to book a place click here.
– British Blind Sport are holding their National VI youth swimming gala in Solihull on the 12th March.
– CP Sport are running their National swimming championships on the 6th April in Nottingham.
Please pass this information on to anyone who you think may be interested in reading this. If you wish to be taken off the distribution list please let me know.
To view the latest Leeds Disability Sport programme which has details of the regular disability sport activities going on in the city click here.