Happy New Year to you. Please see below for the latest Leeds disability sport news this month from across the city and beyond:
– The new Leeds Disability Sport programme for 2014 is available to view here. This comprehensive guide details all of the disability sports going on across the city, including activities for all ages, all abilities and disabilities.
– A new exercise class for children with mild disabilities will begin at Armley Leisure Centre from Tuesday 25th February. Suitable for children aged 7 to 10 this session is delivered by qualified physiotherapists, for further information click here.
– Sport and Active Lifestyles service are recruiting for some new casual sports coaches to deliver some multi sports activities across the city. Please click here for details and to apply. The closing date to apply for the post is Friday 24th January 2014.
– The latest issue of A Brighter Future Magazine is available to view here. This publication goes out to every family of a disabled child or young person in the city, and includes lots of news and information on appropriate services including suitable sport and leisure opportunities.
– A learning disability tennis camp will be taking place at Leeds Metropolitan University on the 8th and 9th February. This camp is suitable for players of all ages and costs just £15 to attend. For further details click here or to apply to attend complete the form here. A learning disability tennis coaching module will also be taking place at the same venue on the 7th February. Coaches can book on this here.
– The next Leeds Disability Sport Forum will be taking place at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Monday 27th January. If you would like further information about this forum or would like to attend, please e-mail email@example.com
– Leeds Disability Sport Youth Panel are seeking new members. Over the past three years the panel have organised and delivered major disability and Paralympic sport legacy events. If you are aged between 16 and 25 and have an interest in disability sport then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
– The next Leeds Disability Sports Camp will be taking place from the 17th to the 21st February 2014, across five different venues across the city. These multi-sport camps are suitable for children and young people aged between 8 and 19 with any disability, plus siblings and friends are welcome too. For further details click here.
– The new Holt Park Active leisure centre is running gymnastics classes for disabled children aged 5 to 8 years old. These sessions take place on a Monday afternoon, for further details click here.
– Northern Ballet are delivering a dance programme this year for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility, and are having a free taster day on Saturday 15th February. To find out more about the programme click here.
– A Powerchair football weekend will be taking place in Leeds on the 8th and 9th March, including training for coaches and activity for players. For further details click here.
– BMC have released details of their latest Para-climbing series across the country. For further details on this please click here.
– British Athletics are running a Parallel Success day in the north east of England on Sunday 2nd February. If you fancy yourself as a future Paralympic athletics star click here for details.
– A Visual Awareness and Sport workshop is taking place in Bradford on Thursday 27th February, 6-9pm. The cost is only £20 to attend, for details and to book a place click here.
For more information, please contact Ross Bibby, Disability Sport Officer
Tel: 0113 395 0159 Mobile/text: 07891 270 930 E-mail: email@example.com