– Leeds Sports Awards nominations close today (Friday 13th December), and there are lots of categories to vote for disabled sports people. Click here to vote.
– BBC Sports Personality of the Year is being held in Leeds this coming Sunday (15th December). Make sure you tune in and vote for ex-Leeds wheelchair racer Hannah Cockroft, who has made the top ten shortlist.
– Leeds Powerchair Football Club are hosting the Yorkshire Cup this Sunday 15th December at the Edge Sports Centre, University of Leeds.
– Leeds Deaf Football Club will enter a team into the Christmas Cracker Competition on Saturday 21st December to be held at the Leeds International Futsal Arena. It will be the first time a Deaf youth team have entered a mainstream youth tournament in Leeds. For details click here.
– Spider-Y are hosting an EHA Wheelchair handball level 1 coaching course at Morley Leisure Centre on Sunday 22nd December. For further details and to book on click here.
– Holt Park Active, the new leisure centre in North Leeds, was officially opened this week by a host of stars including Leeds Paralympic cycling champion David Stone. For further details about the centre click here.
– The new artificial indoor cave was opened this week by Councillor Lucinda Yeadon. Situated at Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre at Yeadon Tarn, the cave has a unique flat bottomed lower floor to allow access for those with limited mobility, as well as a challenging upper section. It is available for ages 8+ and all ability levels. For further details click here.
– The English Federation of Disability Sport have released a document titled Access for all: Opening Doors. This is a guide to support sports clubs to improve physical access for disabled people.
– The Football Association are holding a Coaching Disabled Footballers course on the 26th January 2014 in Castleford. For details click here.